Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wandering west













Betty and I have putted along on back roads from Hampstead, NC to Boone NC for a short visit and to spend the night. Next day we continued on US 421 retracing my trip with my buddies to Shady Valley and the infamous "Snake". The snake is one of my favorite ride I have made, even in my truck! We continued on secondary roads through Tennessee and Kentucky with a stop and a hike up to the Natural bridge. We spent a night in Frankfort, Kentucky, then on to mooch off our great brother and sister in laws Jan and Al in Hobart Indiana. We broke out the bike for a nice afternoon ride and visited with our nieces Jeni, Michelle, Megan and Kati.


Heading out on US 30 W we tried to bypass the horrible traffic and construction around Chicago with only partial success. We had a nice dinner in Minneapolis with our niece Lisa who has just opened her own Law firm. Today we will hike in the am then ride the bike this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia 2009

Australia 2009