Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gettin my Kicks on route 66


Rain, wind, dark Sky, hot! Stopped at my brother and sister in laws in Indiana and attended a graduation party for my niece's daughter (Great niece?) She sure is a great niece with nice family and friends.
My oldest and first favorite niece has a boy friend that is a Miller Beer distributor, how cool is that! Had a great visit, great party and great food. This morning a weather alert hit the radio, 60 knot winds and heavy rain. I hid under a bank auto teller window, then got dumped on. Found out you need to be careful with the rain suit as it works as a funnel if not sealed completely.
Passed a cemetery on rte 66 and the wind was blowing all the plastic and real flowers across the road. Would make a heck of a headline wrecked bike due to flying flowers. Watched another biker fall over in gravel. Quite a bit of damage I think due to the help he received picking it up.
Tonight the sky turned yellow, dark clouds dropped low and I got wet again. Went to dinner and the power went out trapping me there for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia 2009

Australia 2009