Thursday, June 17, 2010

Packing My Bike



Still trying to figure out this blog stuff. I think the tank bag makes me look fat!

I put together a packing list for two reasons. First to make sure I have everything and can leave excess behind, second my memory is so crappy I can remember where stuff is.





I have at least two weeks clothing and will use Walmart instead of laundries every couple of weeks! I have a few sets of microfiber skivvies that you wash in the shower, wring, wrap in your towel and step on it. They dry in an hour or so. Betty wanted me to get the ones made from soy, she said if I was stranded I wouldn't starve. I didn't go that way.





My load!




Right Bag
Spare debit card/Passport
Gortex Rain Gaiters
Gortex Gloves w/liners
Hat with bug net
Microfiber Sweater
Jacket Liner
Face mask /Neck wrap
Microfiber Watch cap
Soft fairings
Long sleeved shirt
2 pr heavy socks
Aussie books
Emergency blanket
Heat vest

Rack /Duffle bag
Tent/Camp Chair
Cot/Self inflating Mattress
Sleeping bag
Stove/Mess gear
Emergency food
Emergency blanket
Deep woods Off
Matches/lighter/Coffee
2 Levis (DB Bottom)
1 Convertibles (DB Bottom)
Long johns (DB bottom
)shorts /collared shirt(DB Bottom)
2 long sleeved shirts (DB Bottom)
Wickaway shirts long (DB Bottom)
Alcan Hgway Mileposts (DB Bottom)

Left bag Tools
Spare Plugs/VOM
First aid kit/Hiking boots
Owners manual/Service manual
Oil Filter+Qt Synthetic oil
Sockets/ratchet/crescent wrench
Vice grips, needle nose
Nylon ties, bailing wire
Duct tape (around oil)
Harley tools/elect tape
Belt gauge/ Compressor
Air pump (manual no-loss)
Tire Plug kit/Harley Gloss
Batteries/elect adapters

Tank Bag
Small Binoculars
Medicine/Eye drops
Spare Glasses / glasses cleaners
Snacks
Harley Atlas
Route 66 book
Unscented field towels
Led headlamp
Led Flash light
Head Led lamp
Wind/sun goggles
Pen/pencils
Spare key
Netbook
Ear plugs
Tan lotion stick
Tire gauge
Knife/Lighter
Three dew rags
Camera
Soft bag
Line/ Clothes pins
14 skivvies/socks/T shirts
5 pr socks
Round Bag
Sweats
Soap/shampoo
Microfiber towel
Tooth brush/paste
Razor/cream
Shower shoes
Elect razor

Other
8x10 Tarp(Cargo net)
Rain Gear (Cargo net}
Modular helmet
Riding helmet
Gallon gas can(tied to rack bottom)
MP3 dash board
Spot –satellite tracker (Handle bars)

2 comments:

  1. very impressive list. I'll save it for the future, when I can take a long road journey also. I thought of one thing you may want to add. A small bottle of Harley Sunwash. A few weeks on the road and your bike will look almost as scuzzy as you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron,
    I can't believe that you came to San Diego and didn't stop in to visit us! Have a great trip, but stay safe!!!!
    Mark & Angela

    ReplyDelete

Australia 2009

Australia 2009