Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fort Nelson, British Columbia Top of the Rockies











Made it to out last Goal, Fort Nelson, BC. Started out bundled up for the rain and 40 degree temps, and did OK, riding through the storm kinda like the 70's doper song. Late this afternoon it cleared and was beautiful riding through the valleys and huge birch Forrest's.

We refuel frequently as the stops are about 40 miles apart. the last five gas stations were closed/out of business and I limped nearly 60 miles when my computer said I could go 40. It took $34.95 to fill my motorcycle! (Fuel is a over $6 a gallon) . The views today were limited by the rain and huge trees except for a few valleys we dropped into.

Our plan is so head up to Dawson City Yukon Territory and take the 80 mile single lane dirt road to Tok, Alaska. It will be interesting as my bike is 904 lbs, I'n 195, my leathers and clothing 25, my luggage probably 150. It feels much heavier than that when I'm off road! I stopped for a photo opportunity coming into British Columbia and really struggled to get back on the road.

Our plan is to wander up the highway and spend a day somewhere fishing and doing laundry and maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia 2009

Australia 2009