Monday, July 12, 2010

The Rain on the Plains (of Alberta)


Interesting day, started near 60 degrees, dropped all day to the upper 30's lower 40's. Really windy, thank heavens I'm a sailor as I was close hauled all day. Big front with heavy rain, big winds, tornado's and hail. We were lucky and split the bad weather ending up with light rain, wind and cold. There is suppose to me snow tonight, but we are clear of it.


No photo's today, bundled up tight and the bikes rain covers on. Should hit mile 0 of the Alaska Highway tomorrow as we made about 420 miles. Yes if you watched spot we did a circle when I stopped and asked for directions and was led the wrong way. My new GPS does not handle Canada nor Alaska and keeps locking up, so back in the bag.


I did not mention a couple of things. first, easiest border crossing I have had including when I worked there. Second is there are alot more pickups in wyoming than automobiles. Second, most had guns and all had dogs. from the picture below you can assume big trucks, 2 or more dogs, little trucks, only one required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia 2009

Australia 2009