Monday, July 5, 2010

Maintenance Side Trip




I left Austin this morning and went down town for to take a photo of a mural I saw in a magazine of Don Patron Tequila. Rode through all the alleys in Austin and finally found the wall but the ad was painted over. So I headed to fifth ave to the Mean Eyed Cat Bar for a photo. The Mean Eyed Cat building is a neat old building and a memorial to Johnny Cash.


Austin is a great city for out door activities with running and water sports in the down town area. The city has a young feel about it with the University all the activities, with great restaurant's as well as great bars for Sunday rides. My son and daughter in law made an unplanned stop during a vacation and moved there a few months later.


After getting a photo, I headed to Baytown Texas, about 30 Miles east of Houston. I'm staying with Ken Turner and his family, who own KT's cycle while getting my bike ready for the next 10,000 mile leg of my trip. For a trip like this, it was worth a 500 mile side trip to let people I trust check out my bike. KT is awesome and has a great bunch of friends. I'm headed back to Austin tomorrow or Wednesday for my granddaughter Sara's 16Th birthday and a visit with one of my childhood neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia 2009

Australia 2009