Saturday, July 31, 2010

Headed East

Ron and I headed out in drizzle and the low 50's this morning. We found his best friend's house and were met by his great family. Following breakfast, Ron and I split ways after 23 days and more than 8,000 miles together! Because of my deployments in the Navy and work in aerospace, we never had so much time together. My son is someone I'm very proud of.
I Headed east up the Columbia River Valley following my trusty GPS, missing Ron's presence in my mirror immediately. Almost felt like when he left for college again. He still has over 2,000 miles to get home to Austin, solo. I passed the 12,000 mile point for this trip.
I made it about 450 miles for the day and chickened out from the storm I was running from and grabbed a room in Spokane. Tomorrow evening, I link up with my buddies Ernie and Grady from home to ride the Yellowstone area for a few days.
s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Australia 2009

Australia 2009